- Supports deployment of right people in the right place at the right time
- Realtime updates staff rotas in seconds, providing accurate and up to date information
- System allows staff to access their details and rotas online 24/7
- Enables compliance, saving money and most importantly meeting staff needs
- Takes into account factors such as annual leave and shift swaps to help staff manage their time better
- Greater work / life balance and higher staff satisfaction.
Easy to use low cost solution
- Cost effective online solution for creating rotas and delivering smooth day to day working
- Enables rosters to be managed across multiple sites
- Accessible online to all relevant staff at anytime and via Smartphone
- Robust auditing and reporting functionality
- Low cost solution that delivers significant savings and return
- Better use of senior staff’s time - spend less time on scheduling
- Plan up to a year in advance, with flexibility to plan around unexpected absences and take account of annual leave, shift swaps
"Skills for Health’s Realtime Rostering system was already in use when I joined The Walton Centre in 2012 but it was really easy to pick up, once I had a better understanding of its capacity we implemented scheduling events for the junior trainees so we could provide evidence of training when required. The system is perfect for us and allows us to see most member of staffs’ availability on one screen; having that level of visibility means that we can see any gaps all on one screen and are alerted to any problems earlier than we would have been before. The visibility that Realtime provides is definitely its best feature; I couldn’t do my job without it, it’s as simple as that."
Heather Bennett, Medical HR Manager, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust.
Stay safe, save time and money
Our Health sector users report: Our e-rostering software has reduced medical locum spend by 10%-20%, consultants rota planning now taking 75% less time, reduced rostering workload of medical secretaries by 50%, and better access to training opportunities , improving training for junior doctors. One organisation has saved £20,000 in one directorate alone. Others have seen fewer theatre and clinic cancellations.
Training and Support
- Our dedicated support helpdesk is staffed by experts and is available to anyone using our rostering solutions
- The Practitioner level provides in-depth, face to face training for those staff responsible for creating and managing rosters.
"We were approached by Skills for Health and the Scottish government to pilot DRS Realtime, we have found the system to be user friendly. It works really well, it improves governance, gives greater visibility to the organisation and to the clinical staff."
Iain Elrick, Project Manager for Workforce Planning and Redesign, NHS Grampian.
- Time saved in administration and processing
- Less paper used
- Better ability to plan ahead/foresee problems
- Who has benefited: Doctors, patients, rota administrators, Operational Staff
- Doctors and administrators able to plan ahead. Rotas available realtime so no delay in updating users. All rotas in one place. Gaps in rotas visible in good time so plans can be made for cover. Able to record annual leave for doctors.
- Service Managers able to plan ahead to cover gaps on the rotas saving stress and costs. Greater understanding by other users of how the rotas work.
- Able to identify issues before they become a problem.
- Problems highlighted in good time.
- Support: Always helpful and available.
Shift manager/rota coordinator, North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Previously spent: 10+ hours rostering
- Now spend: 4-7 hours
- Better able to plan ahead/foresee problems
- Who has benefited: Doctors, Role Administrators
- Really like: Visual information on a live day to day basis
- Able to plan rotas a head and plan how to source/cover gaps, emergencies etc.
- Support: Excellent
- The majority are very comfortable using the system. Consultants and managers also appreciate the visibility of viewing rosters on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Read more about Skills for Health and e-rostering
You can find out more about Skills for Health at our website.
To learn about our current Rostering solutions please look at our Realtime Rostering page here.
To discuss your Rostering requirements or to find out more please contact your Regional Director.
Skills for Health
4th Floor, 1 Temple Way,
Bristol, BS2 0BY
Tel: 0117 922 1155 | Fax: 0117 925 1800
Safer, fairer rosters
Realtime Rostering could be your solution
Service Managers able to plan ahead to cover gaps on the rotas saving stress and costs.
Chris Carroll, Shift manager/rota coordinator, North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust.